Sunday, June 15, 2014

McClave, Loveland, Longmont

Me, Chip & Kathy with their new arches behind us.
After leaving McClave, CO, and my older daughter, Connie's family, I headed back to the northern Front Range and Loveland, CO, to visit my brother, Chip, and sister-in-law, Kathy. They moved back here last summer from the Seattle area and have been doing some extensive remodeling on the home they bought.

I had really strong winds all the way up Hwy 287, but by the time I hit I-70 at Limon, it was all sunny skies and white puffy clouds. I could see in my rear view mirror that everything south of me was solid gray cloud cover. I have been back here in the past, at the same time of year, when the temps have been very warm. I just hit it this year during a cloudy, stormy, and rainy period. I know they have seen dry conditions the last few years and really need the rain, but I sure wish I could take some of it home with me since it has also been dry in CA the last few years.
Kathy, me, Jessie & Sam (the notorious photo-bomber)

I only spent one night at my brother's house since they were preparing to leave on a road trip of their own. It was kind of a last minute plan, or we could've coordinated better, but they will be out in CA later this year to visit Mom and I will see them, then. 

Their house looks great, though. Lots of changes in landscaping, interior tile, paint, countertops, new doorways and arches, etc. They do good work.

Back; Sam & Grace, then, Sawyer, Jordan, me, Jack, Hannah
I returned to my younger daughter, Kathy's house and the busy schedule that resides there. I attended a baseball game that my older grandson, Sam, played in, took him back and forth to practices, drove into Boulder and had my oldest granddaughter, Jessie, cut my hair, and helped with a 16th birthday party for my younger grandson, Jack. Lots of comings and goings to work, volunteer, and practices, and Jack got his driver's license on the first try. Good job, Jack.

Father's Day was quiet here as the kids visited their dads. Jack left for a basketball camp on Sunday, and I had lunch with an old friend I've known for over 40 years; always wonderful to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment