Friday, May 30, 2014

Longmont, CO

Sam, Kathy, Grace, Jordan, Jack, Sawyer.
A week with my younger daughter's family over Memorial Day weekend and the week that followed proved to be busy, as usual. We hung out over the weekend and caught up on things. Grace was anxious to be back in her mountains and Kathy took a couple of hikes with her and we watched some movies.

On Monday, we went to Jordan and Sawyer's house for bar-b-que. Everybody was there except Jessie, who had gone to Las Vegas with friends for the weekend. We all had a really nice visit, with several conversations going on at once, and it's always fun when the whole family gets together, even though we missed Jess. (In the photo, the ladies are all leaning on the sofa, hence appearing to have 'shrunk.')

The entire week was a little on the cool side and filled with afternoon thunderstorms and showers. Some pretty impressive lightning and threats of flood. It was hard to get used to after the heat wave and drought in SLO and a week traveling through the southwest deserts. Colorado has, also, had its share of drought the last few years and they need the moisture, too. Just not so much all at once, that it produces the kinds of floods they had last year.

I got caught up on my blog entries when I had the chance, and played taxi for the kids while my daughter went to work, Sam had baseball practice, Jack had basketball, Grace was catching up with her friends. I ran errands, did some laundry and chores, etc. Altogether, a pleasant, busy, and laid back week. Thoroughly enjoyable being with my daughter and grands.

I also had a wonderful afternoon/evening catching up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in almost 10 yrs. We promised to get together every summer when I come back. Saturday, off to see my older daughter's family.


No comments:

Post a Comment